Sunday, October 25, 2009

End of a great weekend!

First true test of this challenge came yesterday. My wife and I went to a good friend's anniversary party. I ate light in the morning and avoided a lot of temptation at the party. Stuck to a few light beers, veggies, cheese and a few shrimp. This was just the kind of event where I would cheat. I'd have non-light beer, chips, crackers, cake, meatballs. All of those foods where available, but I passed. I did see a lot of old friends, guys I knew from summer camp and college.....

I got a good upper body workout in yesterday morning. Worked on chest, abs and arms.

Today was a nice sunny day here, north of Boston. I went to my Father's house. I did a lot of outdoor work, raked some leaves, stacked wood and cut his lawn. Then I came home and raked some more leaves. We watched the Patriots win... My son called from Clemson U. He was excited that the Tigers upset the host Miami Hurricanes.

Not a bad weekend.

1 comment:

  1. It is always great to know that you can go to a party and not cave in. There will be a time when you see these people again - and they will not recognize you.

    TNT Man

    ReplyDelete